The WFSTL works for positive change in public policies at the state and federal level that improve economic independence for women and girls. We welcome partnerships with other organizations working for positive change in our region.
While the policy areas impacting women and girls are far-reaching, our policy priority areas emphasize advancing economic independence for women and girls, emphasizing the barriers identified in our recent Listening Tour report:
- Safe and affordable childcare for women with young children
- Mental health support for sexual trauma survivors
- Safe, affordable and discrimination-free housing for women and their families
- Accessible and reliable transportation for women
- Education, training and employment pathways for all women