The Women’s Foundation of Greater Saint Louis supports nonprofits that address the needs of women and girls.
Since it's inception the Women’s Foundation of Greater St. Louis (WFSTL) has been committed to awarding grants to emerging and established nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations throughout metropolitan St. Louis that seek to improve economic security for women and girls. We believe that all women and girls in the St. Louis metropolitan region are entitled to education and training that enable them to become financially self-sufficient and to care for themselves and their families in all stages of life.
Examples of program priorities are:
- Programs that provide women and girls with job training, education, and life skills necessary to secure a job and earn a living wage;
- Development of job opportunities for women in labor, STEM and other high-paying industries in which women have not traditionally been employed;
- Access to affordable childcare; and advocacy for fair maternity and paternity leave policies;
- Programs that eliminate barriers to women’s economic security by providing transportation assistance; and
- Expanded opportunities for women and girls to gain the financial literacy necessary to remain financially self-sufficient.
The WFSTL expects all potential grantees to demonstrate how they promote economic security of women and/or girls in the program for which they are requesting funds.
Our grants in amounts from $2,500 to $10,000 each support organizations whose primary purpose is serving women and girls. Grants are made for program services and general operating support. Agencies may apply more than once annually even if funded in one of the grant cycles.
Please contact us if you have any questions about our process or need assistance with the required forms.
All grant applications and related forms must be received by April 21, 2017.
All grant applications and related forms should be submitted by PDF or mailed to:
WFSTL Grants Committee
8816 Manchester Road, #286
Brentwood, MO 63144-2602 or
GRANT APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
Grant applications should reflect one of the Foundation's Grantmaking Focus Areas. Applications outside these four areas will not be considered.
The Women's Foundation of Greater Saint Louis utilizes the Missouri Common Grant Application to streamline grant requests for area nonprofits. Please submit both the Short Form application and the Project Budget Template when requesting funds.
Recently Funded Agencies
In October 2016 the Women's Foundation of Greater Saint Louis funded the following agencies:
Women in Trades